Thursday 18 July 2013

Necklace and Earings Made From Shrink Plastic

I absolutly love the way that this turned out and like most of the things I post on my blog it has a story behind it.........

It was 2 week's before I was set to go on study leave with the rest of my Year so that we could prepare for our year 11 GCSE's and I had been thinking about what I could get my form teacher as a sort of "thank you for putting up with my craziness and constant asking if I could go to textiles to do my course work when I should be in form time....". For the life of me I couldn't think of what to get her appart from the usual chocolates, flowers, mug....... Then one day I over heard her talking to another member if my form about how she couldn't wear her favourite top as often as she would like because she didn't have any yellow jewelry. This got me thinking she know I make a lot of my own things why don't I make her some yellow jewelry to remember me by!

When I got home in my hour of craftyness I had restricted myself to a day so I didn't put off revising for my exams I started thinking and looking through my crafty stash for inspiration. That's when I found my yellow sheets of shrink plastic, it was then only a sort hop skip and a jump to finding my flower stamp and black ink pad. I stamped the flower onto the plastic once (only once because I didn't know if the flowers would shrink to small or not enough) after cutting the flower out I used my heat gun to shrink it and it was the perfect size! I then repeated process untill I had enough flowers to make a necklace and earings.

Now came the tricky part how to make the holes for the jump rings.......this wasn't a problem when I remembered the Christmas present my dad had insisted in getting (the present that I secretly love the most coz it's an amazing thing really) my dremal hand held drill! (when I get the time I'll do a post dedicated to it and put some links to my favourite YouTube videos). So I simply drilled the holes attached the necessary findings and there you have it!

My teacher loved the gift and wears it all the time according to my mum who works at my school, who knew that something so simple can make a person's outfit complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment