Wednesday 18 September 2013

COLLEGE, SO EXCITED!!! - Ring Binder Pencil Case

So that's it I got my GCSE results and the were all passes meaning that I came out with 2 A's, 4 B's and 5 C's! More importantly it means that I get to go to the college of my choice (for any one from America our college is your equivalent of high school, I'm not quite sure) and do the course of my dreams. It also means that as I make more projects I have to do a lot more blogging.....so I am going to start as I mean to go on........ As a way of helping me juggle 6 subjects in my first year (when you are only ment to do 4 - yea I'm crazy I know) I decided not to have a bag but instead use a "conference binder folio", it's easier for me to find one but my only problem was I didn't want to have to spend money on a pencil case that could A. Fall appart at any second, and B. Be ruined as soon as my pen leaked.....this is when the creative side of me started to kick in.  I made a pencil case that had loops so I could attach it to my binder like note pad would fit, I also made it out of oil cloth (I think it's called that, it's the laminated table protectors that come in lots of colours and pictures and stuff). Now your probably thinking the pen it just going to leek through the fabric on the inside because it's not laminated on both sides..... I thought of that and made my pencil case with a lining of the oil cloth so the "plastic" side was also on the inside of the case so it wouldn't ruin the outside. It was super easy to make and the best part is I only needed a 1/4 of a meter of fabric and I had just under half of that piece left to make other things with :-)

If anyone reading this would like institutions on how I made mine please leave a comment and I will post them for you, as well as a few little tips to help you not make some of the same mistakes that I did

Happy crafting xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment